What are the grounds for terminating a divorce?
According to the law, a marriage can be terminated:
1. Divorce based on the application of a spouse or one of the spouses;
2. The marriage is terminated after the death of one of the spouses or the recognition of him / her as dead by a court;
It should be noted that according to the law, the husband has no right to submit an application during the wife's pregnancy.
Divorce is carried out in the manner prescribed by the Law on Civil Acts in the body registering the state of civil acts, as well as in cases prescribed by law.
According to the law, an application for state registration of divorce can be submitted if the marriage, which is being dissolved, has been registered in the Civil Registry Offices of the Republic of Armenia or in the consular institutions of the Republic of Armenia.
What documents are required for state registration of divorce?
1) Identity documents of the divorced person (s) or their copy;
2) The state registration certificate of the marriage, if any, or data on the state registration of the marriage, the registering body, place and time;
3) a copy of the court decision that has entered into legal force or its extract on declaring one of the spouses missing;
4) a copy of the court decision that has entered into legal force or an extract from it on declaring one of the spouses incapable;
5) a copy of the court verdict that has entered into force or its extract on sentencing one of the spouses to imprisonment;
6) the court decision that has entered into legal force on registering the divorce in court;
7) a copy of the decision of the competent body on appointing a legal representative to a disabled person.
According to the law, the state registration of divorce takes place one month after the date of filing for divorce.
It should be noted that the presence of divorcees during the state registration of divorce is not mandatory.
The state registration of divorce is carried out by the agency on the day indicated in the divorce application, without further confirmation of the application, if before that period one of the spouses has not applied in writing to change the date of state registration of divorce or return the application.
After the state registration of divorce, the state certificates of marriage dissolved in the e-government system are revoked.
Divorce registered in a foreign country is dissolved in accordance with the procedure established by a bilateral or multilateral international agreement.
The divorce certificate contains the following information:
1) Name, patronymic, surname of each of the divorced persons before the divorce, after the divorce, place of birth, time, citizenship, nationality in accordance with the act registration of the divorce;
2) time and place of marriage registration and place;
3) the time of termination of the marriage;
4) time, number and place of divorce registration act;
5) the name of the body issuing the time to issue a state divorce certificate.